SMRT HEALTH IV THERAPY
Helping You Live Better
From The Inside out
Intravenous (IV) Therapy
IV therapy is a naturopathic modality that uses high dose vitamins, minerals, amino acids and natural substances administered through the veins (intravenously) to benefit many health concerns. It is primarily used both proactively to maintain optimum wellness and also to treat acute and chronic conditions.
IV Vitamin Therapy is not a substitute for good nutrition, sleep, regular exercise and stress reduction but can be a great addition in a world full of increased demands, decreased nutrient density in food and compromised digestive tracts.
What is the difference between taking oral nutrients vs. intravenous nutrients?
IV therapy allows for high concentrated nutrients to enter cells more easily in order to heal and repair cellular damage caused by chronic diseases or environmental toxins. IV therapy provides a route of administration that bypasses the digestive system thereby guaranteeing a more significant delivery of nutrients to the cells.
Normally, nutrients taken orally enter the cell through active transport, requiring cell energy, and the cell’s ability to transport the nutrients from outside the cell into the cell. Diseased cells lack the energy required and the ability to absorb nutrients effectively, thus decreasing the amount of nutrients that reach the cell. With IV therapy, nutrients enter the cell without using the cell’s active transport achieving much higher levels of vitamin and nutrient absorption.
Which conditions may benefit from IV therapy?
*All IVs are customized specifically to your needs. All of our patients receive a health assessment and the appropriate IV formula is chosen based on your health concerns.
IV therapy can be administered two ways:
The first is through a gravity-drawn “drip”. This method takes between 30 and 120 minutes to administer.
The second is through a “push”. This is where the naturopathic doctor manually injects via a syringe at a predetermined rate. This method is shorter and usually takes 10-20 minutes to administer and is only feasible for certain types of injections.
- IV therapy is safe provided the naturopathic doctor that is aware of your complete health history.
- Sensitivities and allergic reactions are possible although rarely experienced.
- All naturopathic doctors that practice IV Therapy in our clinic are board certified and regulated.
IV Therapy is based on the individual and the individual’s health condition(s). The frequency of visits will be discussed during the initial IV therapy consultation.
- We use the highest quality Glutathione compounded in Canada.
- We Combine the Glutathione with Vitamin C and other vitamins and nutrients essential for it to work best.
- Comfortable IV chairs
- Great Service
- Experienced practitioner
- We offer a variety of treatments, that can enhance the results
Popular IV Therapies
Are you looking to help reverse the effects of aging and daily exposure to sun, pollution and other things that stress our skin and keep it from looking its best?
Dr. Richards uses glutathione IV treatments to help with skin care from the inside out – aging and daily exposure to sun, pollution and other things that stress our skin and keep it from looking its best.
Here are a few potential benefits of a IV infusion:
- Improved radiance; skin is glowing, supple and moisturized
- Removal of blemishes, scars, pigmentation and uneven skin tones -Melasma
- Increased collagen production and enhanced elasticity
- Stronger healthier hair
- Suppressed formation of acne
- Enhanced immunity, reduced fatigue
- Improved skin quality and texture
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
Glutathione is considered to be the most powerful, most versatile, and most important of the body’s self-generated antioxidants. For this reason, it is known as the “Master Antioxidant”. It is extremely important in all detoxification pathways. Glutathione scavenges free radicals, detoxifies poisons and heavy metals, and helps to prevent damage to the brain.
The good news is that your body produces its own glutathione. The bad news is that poor diet, pollution, toxins, medications, stress, trauma, aging, infections and radiation all deplete your glutathione.
Here are a few benefits of an IV glutathione infusion:
- Enhanced immunity
- Gut health
- Protects organs as it chelates lead, mercury, cadmium
- Protects the liver
- Mental health
- Any condition where there is oxidative damage:
- Skin: Improved radiance, glow
- Reduced fine lines and wrinkles
- Suppressed formation of acne
- Age related cognitive decline
- Brain health
- Heart health
While oral glutathione is available, IV glutathione is significantly more effective when taken orally, only about 20% of the drug is absorbed by the body when ingested. Also, a larger quantity of glutathione can be given via an IV for enhanced results.
SMRT Health administers it intravenously. The IV push ensures effective delivery of the nutrient directly through the bloodstream into the cells for maximum absorption. To get a lot more out of the Glutathione it requires the use of other vitamins and nutrients that are important for optimal glutathione absorption.
Each treatment takes about 30 minutes and there is no down time involved.
At your initial visit we will take a thorough health history and make an assessment to determine how many treatments. In general, the following factors will interfere with your health as they will increase oxidative stress:
- Poor Diet
- Environmental Toxins
- Poor Sleep
John Myers, MD pioneered the use of IV vitamins and minerals as part of the overall treatment for various health concerns. He found it to be effective against acute asthma attacks, migraines, fatigue (including chronic fatigue syndrome), fibromyalgia, acute muscle spasm, upper respiratory tract infections, chronic sinusitis, seasonal allergic rhinitis, cardiovascular disease, and other disorders. Since then the Myers has been found by thousands of practitioners to be a safe and effective treatment for a wide range of clinical conditions.
The term ‘Myers Cocktail’ was coined from his work with his patients. Over the years many practitioners have customized this cocktail to reflect their patient’s needs, safety, length of infusion and health status. Though Myers underlying theory continues to be the base of many IV formulas practitioners have moved away from the name Myers.
IV Therapy is based on the individual and the individual’s health condition(s). A typical treatment regimen is between 3 to 5 visits. The frequency of visits will be discussed during the initial IV therapy consultation.
LIPOTROPIC-B VITAMIN/MIC IV
The most common dilemmas faced by those trying to lose weight include:
- Difficulty regulating blood sugar
- Sugar/ Carbohydrate/ Alcohol cravings
- High stress hormones which causing weight gain
- Deficiencies in nutrients needed by the human body to expend energy and encourage the release of stored fat as well as fat cell contents;
- Problems with the digestive system – constipation, diarrhea, bloating, gas – leading to the poor absorption of nutrients and resulting in slow or inadequate weight loss.
Lipo-B Vitamin IV Infusion
- Improves fat utilization in the liver
- Regulates fat metabolism
- Increases the livers ability to burn fat and make energy
Provides energy to muscles
- Breaks down fat and lowers cholesterol levels
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Carries fat across cell membrane
Lipo – B Vitamin IV infusions encourage the body to convert excess stored fat into energy, resulting in weight management and higher endurance levels.
- General health boost
- Better fitness levels
- More energy
- Easier weight loss
- Greater endurance
Lipo B- Vitamin IV Infusions are usually carried out once per week; each treatment takes 30-45 minutes. For best results, a course of 12 treatments is recommended.
*A healthy, balanced diet along with regular exercise needs to be undertaken alongside LIPOTROPIC IV therapy treatments. Lipotropic injections or IVs only work when combined with a healthy lifestyle that promotes weight loss.